Dolomiti Sport & Outdoor
Variety is the spice of life
Mountain walks in summer and skiing thrills in winter, gentle spring sunshine and pristine autumn air – whatever the season, Val Gardena is ideal for healthy exercise in a magnificent natural setting.
At the Spa & Sport Resort ADLER you are spoilt for choice; the most difficult thing is deciding between a nice hike, a mountain bike ride on one of the panoramic trails and revitalising nordic walking amidst picturesque scenery. In winter, too, you have to decide between breath-taking skiing and snowboarding thrills, romantic snowshoe walks, tobogganing pleasures and many other guided outdoor activities.
Hotel Adler is an excellent base for wonderful walks in Val Gardena and Alpe di Siusi as well as for Dolomiti Superski, the world’s biggest ski area interconnect. The hotel has a full programme of guided outdoor activities to enable you to experience the magic of the seasons throughout the year.
Three lifts nearby
From the hotel it is just a few minutes walk to
- the Seceda cable car (via the escalator from the hotel)
- the gondola to Alpe di Siusi
- the Rasciesa funicular
That gives you fast and comfortable access to all the mountains around Ortisei, with a dense network of paths, old mountain farms and snuggly refuges, and unforgettable panoramic views.
Hiking in the Dolomites
Sport Hotel Adler
Adler Dolomiti Wanderhotel Südtirol is a central base for countless walks and the outdoor experience at the heart of the Dolomites, in Val Gardena and on Alpe di Siusi. There are lifts and cable cars close to the hotel for the fast track to the heights and a dense network of trails and paths leading to the finest spots in the area.
The Dolomites are rightly famous as a top choice for walking and other outdoor activities and a perfect place to recharge the batteries.
Full walking programme
From spring to autumn, you can take advantage of the varied ADLER outdoor programme, with two guided walks available daily. Our local guides will take you from our walkers’ hotel to the mountains of the Dolomites, show you the finest beauty spots in South Tyrol and take you to the best mountain refuges for some well-deserved refreshments.
If you are looking for even more action, you should join one of our rafting or climbing groups! The ADLER outdoor programme offers everything the sporting heart desires.
Adler Hiking Packages Hiking Map
Walking & Outdoor inclusive programme
- Two daily guided walks differing in focus and degree of difficulty
- Alpine walks to the most photographed mountain formations of the Dolomites like the Marmolada, Tre Cime, Cinque Torri and Catinaccio
- Via ferrata climbs
- Geological walks to discover the prehistory of the Dolomites
- Wild-flower walks to the mountain meadows
- Morning walks in the awakening world of nature, with a hearty breakfast as a reward
- Walk of discovery to the water mills in Bulla above Ortisei – an open-air museum in its own right – and a visit to Europe's highest rose garden
- Sunset walks in the red evening glow of the Dolomites
- Nordic walking in picturesque surroundings
- Daily guided mountainbike tours
Other outdoor activities, like rafting, paragliding and climbing organised on request.
ADLER inclusive service
- Two daily walking tours differing in focus and degree of difficulty
- Free hire of backpacks, poles and trekking maps
- Tasty hiking snack on your return
- Sport cocktail wiTh Thaddäus and Pauli
- Photps of the walks to download
- Hiking gymnastics and more fitness offers
- ADLER trekking app for navigating through the beautiful walks in the Dolomites plus useful information about the length and duration of the walks, suggestions, attractions, events and lifts
- NEW for our guests: Our Dolomiti Unesco World Heritage commitment - unlimited use of all public transport in Val Gardena and South Tyrol with the Mobilcard
- Val Gardena Card, the mobility card for unlimited use of all lifts in the valley (extra charge)
- Individual route advice
Mountaineering & Climbing in the Dolomites
The Dolomites are a climber's paradise
The walls of the Dolomites are often considered the epitome of mountaineering and are a must in the life of every climber.
The list of top climbers includes many of the most famous mountaineers: Grohmann, Vinatzer, Luis Trenker, a native of Val Gardena, Reinhold Messner made climbing history in the "Pale Mountains".
In the late 19th century, the Dolomites were discovered by mountaineers. Today the beautiful peaks of the Dolomites and the many climbing routes for all levels of availability attract thousands of climbers every year.Catores Alpine School
Together with our partner, the Catores Alpine School, we offer via ferrata climbs and rock climbing for our more darig guests in addition to daily trekking excursions. We can arrange individual tours and climbing courses for beginners and advanced climbers.
For those who love to explore their limits, we recommend a visit to the Col de Flam Adventure Park, which is just a few minutes' walk from the hotel.
The Val Gardena Tourist Association has accepted the Hotel ADLER as an "Alpine-Friendly Facility".
Alpine Friendly Hotel
The Val Gardena Tourist Association has accepted the Hotel ADLER as "Alpine-Friendly structure" thanks to the following requirements:
- Lunch package on request (sandwiches, fruit, drinks, energy bars, granola ...)
- Early breakfast
- Information space with books on the subject of the Alps (Alpine literature, guidebooks, maps)
- Promotion of programs of one or more climbing schools through posters and leaflets
- Welcome cocktail in the presence of a mountain guide
Mountain Bike in Val Gardena
Nowhere in the whole of the Alps is there scenery to compare with that of the Dolomites. Apart from the sporting challenge, the Dolomites offer mountain bikers a unique experience in terms of natural scenery, not to mention the cosy mountain lodges and gourmet pleasures for renewed energies en route and well deserved relaxation afterwards.
1,000 km network and 30 tours with The Sellaronda as the highlight
A mountain biking holiday in Val Gardena/Alpe di Siusi means thirty attractive and well signposted trails for all ability levels at altitudes between 700 and 2,450 metres and a 1,000 kilometre long mountain biking network in one of the world’s most beautiful mountain settings. The world-famous Sellaronda circuit is now available for mountain biking in summer.
At the Adler Dolomiti Spa & Sport Resort, you can make free use of our mountain bikes and electric cycles. And you can join Verena, our mountain biking guide, on one of her unforgettable daily tours or receive useful tips for your own mountain bike excursion.
MTB Programme & Service
- Daily guided mountain bike tours on panoramic trails
- Sellaronda MTB tour and Gardena MTB Tour
- Bike lessons in the new bike park
- Free hire of the hotel's mountain bikes and e-bikes (top quality!)
- MTB service and repair
- MTB storage
- ADLER app with MTB trip suggestions
- MTB tour map
- Organisation for private MTB trips (extra charge)
- Val Gardena Card (extra charge)
Golf in the mountains
Get away from the daily grind - get out on the golf course
Even golfers get their money's worth in Val Gardena - there are 7 top golf courses nearby.
Golf Club Castelrotto / Alpe di Siusi (11 km & 20 min by car from Hotel ADLER): The new 18-hole course atn the foot of the Schlern mountain is popular for its demanding physical and technical challenges.
www.golfstvigilseis.it Tel. +39 0471 708 708
The Hotel ADLER is partner hotel of the golf club and our guests get a 30% reduction on all green fees. Other golf courses in the Dolomites and surroundings:
Golf Club Alta Badia (28 km) - Tel. +39 0471 836 655
Golf Club Carezza (53 km) - Tel. +39 0471 612 200
Golf Club Monte San Pietro (62 km) - Tel. +39 0471 615 122
Golf Club Val Pusteria (67 km) - Tel. +39 0474 412 192
Golf Club Lana (75 km) - Tel. +39 0473 564 696
Golf Club Passiria / Merano (94 km) - Tel. +39 0473 641 488
Golf Deals in the Dolomites
Active Holidays Summer
Spring is in the air... Walking Special
Spring is in the air... Walking Special
Autumn Walking Special
Autumn Walking Special
MTB Basic Camp
MTB Basic Camp
MTB Advanced Camp
MTB Advanced Camp
Bike & Wellness
Bike & Wellness
Unforgettable skiing thrills in South Tyrol
Glittering powder snow, crystal clear alpine air, breath-taking mountain scenery, thrilling downhill runs in radiant winter sunshine … and in the midst of it all ADLER DOLOMITI, your central base for unforgettable skiing and snowboarding at the heart of Dolomiti Superski, the snow sports paradise.
The statistics for this, the world’s biggest interconnected ski area speak for themselves:
450 modern lifts and cable cars and over 1,200 kilometres of perfectly groomed trails with guaranteed snow cover!
An escalator leads direct from the ADLER ski room to the Seceda cable car, and it is just a few minutes’ walk to the new funicular for the ride on the comfortable gondola to Alpe di Siusi. The Val Gardena Ronda Express provides fast access to the legendary Sella Ronda ski circuit. That makes skiing and boarding in Val Gardena/Alpe di Siusi a very special winter sport experience.
Let your dreams of a winter holiday in the Dolomites come true with the ADLER outdoor programme.
Ski Packages in the Dolomites
ADLER Winter Outdoor programme
- Nonstop skiing thrills at Dolomiti Superski, the world's biggest interconnected ski area, with 450 modern lifts and cable cars and over 1,200 kilometres of perfectly groomed trails
- Daily ski-guiding and ski-safaris, from leisurely to ambitious, with our experienced ski guides Thaddäus, Leo and Georg. Programme highlights: Sella Ronda, skiing on the Marmolada glacier, skiing the deep and much else besides.
- ADLER's back-country skiing taster trip: After an introduction to the theory, you can lay your first trail through the virgin snow under the watchful eye of our ski guides.
- Guided winter walks and snow shoe excursions through the untouched winter wonderland of Val Gardena
- High-level cross-country skiing with panoramic views on the training trails used by the world's nordic elite on Alpe di Siusi, Monte Pana near S. Cristina, and in Vallunga near Selva Gardena
- cross-country ski station at ADLER Mountain Lodge
- Guided nordic walking in pristine winter air
- Evening torchlight walk in the idyllic Anna Valley with a warming glass of mulled wine by the bonfire
- Tobogganing fun at Resciesa and Alpe di Siusi
- Romantic sleigh rides in the enchanted winter setting of Alpe di Siusi
- A good time for one and all in over fifty fine mountain chalets with typical South Tyrolean fare
ADLER Ski support package
- Ski pass sales at the hotel
- Ski school service at the hotel with the Ski & Snowboardschool Ortisei
- Ski rental
- Ski maintenance
- NEW: free use of all public busses with the Val Gardena Mobilcard
Cross-country skiing in the Dolomites
Alpe di Siusi: heaven on earth for x-c skiers
Alpe di Siusi is the perfect place for cross-country skiers: Europe’s biggest alp boasts a network of eighty kilometres of perfectly groomed trails for all ability levels.
It is worth discovering Alpe di Siusi on cross-country skis for the beauty of the scenery alone: a unique natural spectacle with almost endless wide-open spaces in a blanket of winter white set against the magnificent backcloth of the Dolomites (UNESCO World Heritage site).
For classic or skating, beginners and experts, Alpe di Siusi in South Tyrol has the right trail for all comers. And for Adler’s guests, the Adler Mountain Lodge by the side of the trail is an ideal base for hiring and storing the gear.
Other x-c ski areas
In Val Gardena there are other, smaller cross-country skiing areas at Monte Pana near S. Christina and Vallunga in the Puez Odle Nature Park (Selva).
Snowshoeing in the Dolomites
For those who prefer a more gentle approach to the world in white or simply like to get some exercise in a peaceful setting, the Adler's unique snowshoe walks through virgin scenery are no less thrilling.
All you hear is the quiet crunch of the freshly fallen powder snow underfoot – snow that no-one has disturbed, on paths that no-one has used.
Verena will take you snowshoeing through snowy forests and across snowfields glittering in the sun to enchanting snow-covered alps – and the magic of nature at rest in winter.
Snowshoeing in South Tyrol and winter walking in the Dolomites provide the purest experience of nature. Enjoy the peace and beauty of the winter world of the Dolomites.